Hats off to Meera Jee for always trying and never giving up on speaking English even though countless memes and jokes have been derived from her English. Think of it like this, Meera Jee gives our Meme hungry Pakistanis something to munch on occasionally. That woman has confidence, and at times hum sab ko self esteem issues ho jaatay hain ounhay sun kr.
Here are 7 times Meera Jee has blown us away:
1. The time she tweeted at Universal studios, Hollywood.
Yes, this happened a few days ago. The tweet was flooded by innumerable comments from fans saying “ baji ko light nai lena” or “ too funny” while some were even saying “ you can’t be serious” or “begging with confidence”
*I aspire to be this confident*
2. The time she took another celebrity’s tweet to her heart when it wasn’t even directed towards her
Mahira khan was talking about her movie Raees and item numbers where she said:
“THE MORE CLOTHES YOU WEAR, THE MORE RESPECT YOU’RE GIVEN. YOU DON’T NEED TO DO AN ITEM NUMBER FOR RESPECT HERE”
Mahira had not mentioned anyone in particular but Meera took it personally and shot back immediately through a tweet saying:
“MAHIRA KHAN DOESN’T KNOW HOW TO ACT AT ALL. DON’T WASTE TIME IN WATCHING HER MOVIES AND COMMERCIALS!”
Points given to Meera for not being afraid to fight back and her karak straightforwardness. Kaisay ker leti hain app?
3. The time her legendary English was transformed into Legendary memes
Koi humari per bhe memes bna de?
4. When she speaks English without any hesitation or fear of messing up.
“ I can talk English”
“I has sister of you age. This place is no good for girls. I work, I knows. Men bad. They see you bad. Next time call me before you comes here. I help. Take my number.” When she was conversing with a girl about an institution that she didn’t like.
5. The time she was asked to spell “Australia, and tsunami” on Faisal Qureshis morning show.
The first sentence that left her mouth was “ pehlay sochna paray ga k O say banta hai ya A say for Australia” but she still managed to spell it correctly.
“sunami” when Faisal tried to correct her by saying there’s a T in the beginning she went on to say that “ Aray T ka kya kaam hai andr”
6. The time she managed to crack the whole world up with her pronunciations
I went to “ EM-CEE-DONAAALD”
Instead of just saying McDonalds.
And lets not forget the time she was asked to translate “I’m kidding” to urdu to which she was quick to respond “ wo bachay de rahi hai”
7. The time she received an award and she very proudly said:
Betcha can’t stop at one!
30 Oct 2018