Chocolate mug cake is a lip smacking cake which can be made instantly and it provides an easy escape from hunger pangs. Mug cakes are ubiquitous, single-serving cakes with runny centers. Chocolate mug cake is a cake you mix in a mug and “bake” in the microwave, and it’s ready in a few minutes. It could be called the yummiest technology ever, as you do not have to wait to go to a great bakery or café. Additionally, you do not have to buy a dozen things to satisfy your sweet cravings. It is one of those ‘must try’ things and you gotta try it now!!
In the evenings, if you are in the mood to eat something sweet, and if you have a microwave and a mug, then a chocolate mug cake is the best choice for you as it is a cake which takes only 2 minutes to be made. The following recipe for a moist chocolate mug cake is the perfect and instantaneous solution when a craving strikes. All you need to do is grab a mug and start off!!
The recipe below is one of the easiest recipes encountered by the Kluchit team so far.
Chocolate mug cake
Recipe type: Dessert
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 1 minute
Serving: 1 person
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. milk
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. hazelnut chocolate spread
Take a medium bowl and mix all the dry ingredients together with a fork. Add milk and vegetable oil and mix it all well until all the ingredients are combined and the batter becomes smooth with no clumps in it. Now pour the batter into a microwave safe mug with enough head space for the cake to rise without pouring over. Then add 1 tbsp. of chocolate hazelnut spread in the middle of the batter (no need to push it down). Place a paper towel in the microwave and put the mug on it. Microwave the mug cake for seventy seconds on high intensity. Now, carefully remove the mug cake from the microwave and enjoy!!
- Please note that all microwaves are different, and therefore yield different results and can overcook or undercook the mug cake so you have to be very careful in heating the batter in the microwave.
- You can omit the addition of hazelnut spread or you can use a different chocolate spread of your choice.
- This recipe is specifically for microwave chocolate mug cake and can’t be applied on regular cakes.
- There are no eggs in this recipe.
Contributed by Maham Jaffery.
22 Oct 2018
05 Oct 2018